Merry Christmas to all of my Izannah Walker Reproduction Doll Making students! As my present to the class this year I have posted instructions for making a classic mid-nineteenth century Izannah Walker dress on the class member site. The instructions include a bit of dressmaking history and how-to photos. I hope you enjoy using the instructions to make a new Christmas dress for your Izzy. After all, a girl needs more than one style of dress in her wardrobe!
If you are one of my students who has not already signed up for the class member only site, I strongly urge you to do so. Here is a sample of the bonus class information you are missing out on if you are not using the class site:
– A Tutorial on How to Reduce & Enlarge Patterns
– Making Molds: Instructions on How to Make Three Additional Types of Molds (different than the molds in the class instructions book)
– Straw and Silk Bonnet Tutorial
– Directions for Making a Classic Izannah Walker mid-1800’s Child’s Dress
– Discussions and additional Directions for “Adding the Grace of Age”, Painting Tips, Clay, Sculpting, Tools, Special Accessories, and more…
and best of all it’s entirely free for all class members.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a student who needs another invitation to the class site (everyone is automatically invited when they purchase the class). Be sure to include the approximate date that you took/purchased the class so that it will be easier for me to look you up in my records. Also for those who have already signed-up for the Ning site but can’t remember how to get there, I am happy to send you a reminder
If you haven’t taken my class yet, but have been longing to do so, this would be a wonderful time to start. Make it your 2012 New Year’s resolution to learn how to create an Izannah Walker doll using the same techniques that Izannah did. I do have a handful of classes ready that I can mail out immediately, so it is still possible to get a class before Christmas if you order today or tomorrow (forUS shipping address only).