Here is a quick peek at a dress that I’ve been working on this week. I made this dress using the clothing pattern that I drafted from the original brown print dress that belongs to one of my antique Izannahs. The fabric is an antique 30 inch wide homespun check, which looks a lot different from modern gingham in person, but not in the photo. I did have to make shorter cuffs than on the original brown dress, due to a lack of fabric. Pretty amazing what a difference that a change of color makes! 🙂
This dress actually belongs to one of my new reproduction Izannahs, but while the paint on the new doll is drying, her much older sister stepped in to try on the dress.